Sunday, July 11, 2010

Smoker



One of the best things that my husband has ever bought is a smoker! It's so easy and the meat that we cook on it turns out wonderful every time! We usually throw the meat on in the morning, don't even touch it during the day, and at dinner time it is done! My personal favorite is brisket (as pictured). It just falls apart as soon as you put a fork in it. One thing we have learned, is to put the fat side UP. That lets all the juices flow all over the meat during cooking and makes it more tender and juicy. We have done ribs, pork butts, turkey, etc. Here is the dry rub I use before we put the meat on. I just a rub a generous portion onto the meat before we put it on the smoker. I've used the same seasoning for several months now. Just store it in an air-tight container.

1/2 c. paprika
1/3 c. salt
1 T black pepper
1 T seasoned salt
1 T onion powder
1 T garlic powder
2 tsp cayenne pepper

I just eye-ball this recipe, but if you are an "exact" kind of person, here it is. Sometimes I look through my spice cabinet and experiment with other seasonings in this, but this is the "basic" recipe for a dry rub that I use.

No comments:

Post a Comment