Saturday, March 28, 2015

Dr. Seuss Birthday Party

As a kindergarten teacher myself, I had so much fun planning this 1st birthday party for my son! Here are some ideas I had and stole from others.



Food Labels


Caramel Popcorn from Hop on Pop.
Pop popcorn according to directions. I used 3/4 c. unpopped kernals.
Make caramel sauce. 
1 c. butter
1 c. brown sugar
1 c. corn syrup
1/2 tsp. Sea Salt
Let all ingredients come to a boil in saucepan. Turn heat down to medium high. Let boil for 4 minutes without stirring. Turn off heat and let sit to cool for a few minutes. Pour over popcorn and stir to coat evenly. Lay out on parchment paper to let cool. Sprinkle with salt.


Gogurt tubes from Oh, The Places You'll Go.


Jellybeans for Truffula Seeds from The Lorax.


Goldfish for One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish.




 Little Smokies from Go, Dog, Go.
4 packages Little Smokies
1 jar grape jelly
1 bottle BBQ sauce
Dump all in crockpot for 3-4 hours. 


Thing 1 and Thing 2 Cupcakes
Baby Smash Cake


We also has "roast beast" sandwiches from The Grinch and
pizza rolls from There's a Wocket in my "Pizza" Pocket, 
but forgot to get a picture of those before they were eaten. 




 Happy 1st Birthday to my Charlie!







No comments:

Post a Comment