Saturday, December 11, 2010

Braised Red Cabbage

I had never tried red cabbage until my husband came home from Houston's restaurant one night and he was raving about their braised red cabbage. I looked up a recipe for it and here is what I came across... and I must say it is a keeper! It has a sweet taste to it.


1 head shredded red cabbage
1/2 c. white wine vinegar
1/4 c. water
3 T butter
3 T sugar
goat cheese

Heat oven to 325 degrees. Bring vinegar, water, butter, and sugar to a boil in dutch oven. Let simmer for a few minutes until sugar has dissolved. Toss in cabbage then put top on dutch oven and let cook in oven for about 2 hours. Stir every 30 minutes. If it starts to get too dry, add a little water. Crumble goat cheese on top right before serving to garnish.

If you are a fan of goat cheese like my husband is, he likes a little cheese with every bite. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment